Thursday, May 27, 2010

Feasting On Friday



This is one of my favorite salads, especially in the summer. I have the guy at the Italian deli down the street make mine special for me. ;) Love it, and if I'm not careful, I can so eat the whole thing in one sitting, although I try not to!

Fresh, seasoned mozzarella is just the best! There's some about the texture of this cheese that I really like when it's in this state. As for the nutritional value, fresh Mozzarella has about 85 calories per ounce, and is 24% fat (as well as 51% water and 20% protein). And to me, 100% yummy!

Anyway, this is what I'm having for lunch today, and I am sooooo looking forward to it! This mozzarella tomato salad is almost as to die for as my top favorite salad, which is a mixed greens and veggies salad with sliced sirloin steak on top. That one I make myself, and I might have to come back one day and show you how I do it. But for today, this mozzarella salad will definitely do!

11 comments:

jenn May 28, 2010 at 5:36 AM  

I miss the yummy food available in deli's. In NY, there was a deli on every corner. Here in SC...not so much.

Unknown May 28, 2010 at 9:09 AM  

Super Diva--

Your killing me with this pic&post. My refrig and cabinets are empty. I am eating white rice(plain/yuck)

So I will be living vicariously, through your lunch!

Have a great Memorial. Thank God for our troops past, present, and future.

PLU!

Jacqueline May 28, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

Yum, yum, that sure does look GREAT. I love salads, especially in the summer. :-)

Janiss May 29, 2010 at 9:42 PM  

You are making me wish I had this for lunch instead of a chile relleno, LOL! Why is it that every time I indulge in something not-terribly-good-for-me, I wind up craving something more healthy?

Kirt Mahinay May 30, 2010 at 5:55 AM  

tomato and mozzarella! Those are some of my favorite foods. I wanna try this.

VetTech May 30, 2010 at 2:13 PM  

The fresh basil is what makes the tomato & mozzarella salad so special..the colors of the Italian flag makes for one delicious salad.

Christy June 2, 2010 at 11:50 AM  

Just popping in to say YUM to this delicious post.

nyc diamond district wedding bands June 3, 2010 at 5:12 PM  

Yummy is an understatement, this looks downright luscious!!!

Vivian June 8, 2010 at 4:02 PM  

The photo alone has sold me. I know it would add to the caloric value, but do you use any dressing on it?

Michael Davis June 9, 2010 at 12:28 AM  

That sure looks delicious! I love eating that type of foods, not only delicious but really good for our health.

nyc diamond district wedding bands June 10, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

I actually tried doing this at home and although it wasn't the same, it was so good!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...