Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day! Be Fit AND Be Green!


Here are a few ways that I help to create less waste and less use of energy as I go about my fitness:

*Exercise outdoors instead of the gym as often as the weather permits

*Reuse the same water bottle. In fact, I reuse it until new species of bacteria begin to form on it.

*Wear my sneakers completely out before buying new ones. Towards the end it ain't pretty, but it does help save the planet!

*Instead of an energy bar, I prefer to have a banana, a couple apples or an orange before workouts. To be even greener, I would grow them myself -- IF I lived on a farm! However, living in a New York City apartment, I have to settle for buying them at the grocer. But at least we skip the fancy packaging that energy and power bars come in.


So, there! I do my part to help save the planet AND my waistline. You should try to do the same. Have any other ideas on how to be greener with your fitness? How would YOU go about it?

12 comments:

YummY! April 22, 2010 at 6:57 PM  

I dont drink bottled water but I'm forever reusing juice bottles to drink from.

June Zach (Fledgling Blogger) April 24, 2010 at 12:56 AM  

I'm imagining I'm the guy on the photo! (LOL) I'm VERY desperate with what happened to my waistline now. :(
It really feels good to be fit and at the same time saving mother Earth.

Bukan Sekedar Blogger Bertuah April 24, 2010 at 4:10 PM  

nice post.....thank for your share and your informations...my friends

Ninja Media April 25, 2010 at 4:17 AM  

happy earth day save the earth make it more green :)

look like celebs April 25, 2010 at 5:03 PM  

I use only one bottle for myself, but i can't work on myself outdoor. I don't that people will be doing that.

Drug Rehab April 26, 2010 at 9:57 AM  

Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work.

Addiction Treatment
Addiction Treatment Florida

fitness israel April 29, 2010 at 6:04 PM  

Nice, But what about all the protein you usually get from the protein bars?? Don't forget it.

Fulvic Acid April 30, 2010 at 2:42 AM  

Tremendous post about be fit and healthy. I just love the title of the post. I am very much health conscious and love to read such kind of post which inspire me to follow the healthy lifestyle . Truly nature gave us a lot to stay healthy and fit but we just need to know how to utilize it.

Fitness By Design April 30, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

Good post. I love exercising outside. We missed an opportunity to promote Earth Day with our clients. Need to make a note for next year. I'm sure they would have had lots of great ideas as well.

daisy May 1, 2010 at 2:19 AM  

a great pleasure reading your post! keep on posting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...