Friday, December 18, 2009

To Botox or Not To Botox....






...that is the question!
If all the photos of celebrities with frozen foreheads and almost halfway smiles are not a deterrent to avid users of Botox, then nothing will be! The use of Botox to halt and prevent the natural lines that occur on your face from aging is at an all time high. Botox is now also being used under the armpits to paralyze the sweat glands to stop excessive underarm sweat. While some may think it's all a bit "out there", hey, whatever floats your boat! ....or really, just freezes it dead in its tracks! ;)

Botox is becoming one of the most popular forms of cosmetic enhancement, along with liposuction, breast implants, eye and facelift surgery and rhinoplasty (nose jobs).

What Botox is: a diluted form of botulism used to weaken and paralyze the muscles that cause wrinkles

Botox facts:

Generally used on your face and neck

Is now becoming a more popular alternative to facelift surgery

Average cost = $400 for one treatment

Average age = 40 to 59 (but getting younger)

Side effects could include bruising (usually resolves in 4-5 days), the occasional headache, and very rarely a drooping of the eyelid or eyebrow.

While many rave over its results and effects, still others experience negative side effects from this procedure. It is really hit or miss, but the best thing to do if considering having it done for yourself is to get the best, most reputable doctor you can find. That way, your chances of having a positive outcome are highly increased.


Here are some brief reviews from patients who have had Botox:


The Good


"Botox in jaw (for tmj) made my face look slimmer"

"Love the results! didn't hurt at all"

"Botox is great (eyes, forehead and frown between my eyes)"

"Botox allowed me to look as care free as i felt"

"Money well spent - crow's feet and fine lines"

"Botox = brilliant. first injection at age 22 for forehead line"


The Bad and the Ugly


"Deeper wrinkles after botox wears off"

"Bumps after botox on my frown lines between my eyes"

"I have pea size lump in the corner of my eye after botox injection in the crow's feet areas."

"Botox in forehead - I can hear the botox moving!"

"How long will eyebrow droop last?"

"Double vision side effects after botox"

Reviews courtesy of Realself.com

You can read more reviews and results from Botox users here:
http://www.realself.com/Botox/reviews


All I will say is "none for me, thanks!" ;) I scared of that stuff!

As with all cosmetic procedures, proceed at your own risk!

13 comments:

VetTech December 18, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

Injecting poison in your face, just so you can lose expressions and looks strange...no thanks!

Mike Golch December 19, 2009 at 12:25 PM  

I would not like to inject stuff in my face just to get ride of wrinkles.I d want to take this time to wish you and your family a Merry christmas.

Janiss,  December 20, 2009 at 1:17 AM  

I reject wrinkles outright and have no issues in confessing that I've had Botox on my forehead several times over the past few years. But then, my dermatologist is a bit of a Botox artist, and doesn't overdo it. I'm thrilled with the results, and no one knows I've had it done (unlike a lot of the celebs out there) until I let people know I've had it done. Seriously, friends will be bashing Botox... until I mention I've had it.

Health nut December 20, 2009 at 3:29 AM  

Nope, none for me too- for all the "cons" you stated. I don't think the "pros" are worth it at all.

Unknown December 20, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

Hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday season and amazing 2010!

peace,
Mike
Happy Holidays from livelife365

Automotive Car December 22, 2009 at 9:38 PM  

NIce blog dear.. exchange link Ok

jacqueline December 24, 2009 at 2:13 AM  

Hello Fitness Diva!
...Still kicking out these wonderful posts, I see. :-)

Whatever makes people happy is what I always say....as long as it doesn't interfere with the rights of others....

Thanks for dropping in to say hello. I've been underground, so to speak, trying to get a few year-end projects finished. I appreciate the thought!! Happy Holidays :-)

HEALTH NUT WANNABEE MOM December 25, 2009 at 5:26 PM  

I have often considered Botox as I get older but I think I am too much of a chicken. Merry Christmas!!!

Erlinda December 25, 2009 at 7:26 PM  

Hi there, thanks for stopping by at my blog. Merry Christmas to you as well!

Cheers,
Erlinda

Samdaddycool December 31, 2009 at 2:15 AM  

I wish I won't use botox ever..

Hapy new year and happy holidays.

Anonymous,  January 5, 2010 at 9:46 AM  

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Ronda March 18, 2010 at 7:32 PM  

It isn't worth the risk. A little makeup will do wonders to hide wrinkles and little imperfections.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...